Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
- Barclay Cottage Bed and Breakfast
- 400 16th Street Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- (757) 422-1956 | (866) INN-1895
- GPS: N 36° 50.612, W 075° 58.630
Temp: 350 degrees
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Pan: 2 loaf pans, greased and floured
Servings: 2 loaves
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- cream cheese filling
- See Below:
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups canned, unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 large eggs
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 large egg
- Stir all ingredients together and set aside.
- Stir together 3 1/2 cups flour, sugar, and next four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together pumpkin and next three ingredients; add to flour mixture, whisking just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon 3 cups of batter into each pan.
- Spoon cream cheese filling evenly over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter evenly over cream cheese filling.
Bake until pick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes,
then cool on wire rack.