Please read our inn policies before making your reservation. Check rates and availability.
We are not pet friendly, sorry.
Check-in is between 3 and 6 PM. We are a family-run business and do not have full-time desk staff. We cannot accommodate early or late check-in without prior arrangement. Check-out is 11 am.
All guests must be 18 years or older.
On weekends between May 15 and October 1, we ask that you join us for at least a two-night stay and on certain holiday weekends, for three days. Our rates are per night and for 2 adult (over 18) guests per room.
Reservations for two or more nights require an advance deposit of 50% of the entire stay. The remaining balance is due during check-in. A one-night stay requires full payment in advance.
Credit/debit card information must be on file and authorized for every reservation, even when payments are made by cash or check. This is to cover additional charges which may be incurred or for a violation of our fire policy. We accept American Express, Discover, Master Card, Visa, Traveler’s Checks, Barclay Cottage Bed and Breakfast gift certificates, and certain other gift certificates.
Declined credit cards will receive an additional $10 fee for each time it is processed and not authorized.
Smoking, candles and any other items requiring an open flame are not allowed in the building or on the property because they are a serious fire hazard. We will charge your credit card a $250 cleaning fee and ask you to find alternate lodging if we determine that this policy has not been followed.
There will be no refund for early termination of the stay.
Except for cell phones, PDAs, CPAP machines, personal music players or computer equipment, we must approve all other electronic equipment for use in your room.
We invite you to use our complimentary leisure equipment (bikes, boogie boards, etc.) at your own risk.
We understand that life is unpredictable. At the same time, as a small B&B, cancellations affect us greatly. When you reserve a room, we agree to turn away all other requests for that room, and you agree to pay the rate quoted for the number of days for which you reserve it. If you cancel your reservation fewer than 14 days in advance of your arrival date for any reason, your deposit will be forfeited, unless we are able to re-book the room. For all cancellations, there is a $25.00 processing fee.
Massages and other special services and amenities must be canceled 24 hours prior to their scheduled time. Full payment will be charged in the event of later cancellations.
In the unlikely event of a mandatory weather-related evacuation of the area, we will refund any remaining part of your stay. Otherwise, early departures are not refunded.
Effective date: October 12, 2019
Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.barclaycottage.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service – is the https://www.barclaycottage.com website operated by Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
- Personal Data – Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data – Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies – Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) – Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) – Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone number: 757 422 1956